What is FPS?
Abreviation for " First Person Shooter". This style of video game has brought millions and millions of people together online and makes them commit random acts of hatred against each other. Usually online play consists of Deathmatches and Capture the Flag gameplay. These can both be fun played in groups (see CLANS) , and are not that fun played alone (see DUMBASS). These games contain three types of gamers. First, the newb, who random shoots walls and foliage. Second, the moderate, who has enough skills to fight but is still as helpless as a parapaleigic in a swimming pool. Finaly, theres the master, who kills everyone at will and brags about his/her skills. These games can also be played single-player, but most of them are bought for the worldwide gaming experience. These games show you that you too can murder your friends and years down the road can laugh about it.
Any game with a veiw behind the weapon you are using, giving the sence that you are killing the person, wall, or tree you are shooting at.
FPS - what is it?
First person shooter.
Doom is a fps.
What does "FPS" mean?
FPS has three meanings.
1. FPS: A First Person Shooter is a type of game where you play as if your eyes are the character's, and the game involves shooting down opponents and in general wreaking havoc and inflicting massive damage to giant enemy crabs.
2. FPS: Frames Per Second helps when it comes to animations on computers. Setting an animation to 1 frame per second would cause the image to change every second, while 24 would show good, smooth animation. It is primarily used in Flash Animations and animated .GIFs, so that coo.
3. FPS: Feet Per Second is often times how a bullet or similarly shot projectiles are measured.
1. So I came over to my friend's house and said "hay, wanna play halo 3 beta?" and he's all liek "ya, FPS's are teh shiznit"
2. My friend laughed loudly at my .GIF when he saw how unsmoothly it animated. "What did you set the FPS to on this one!? HAHAHA!"
3. It took about .001 for the bullet to meet the man's head. Holy crap that hurt.
FPS - what does it mean?
In poker, stands for Fancy Pants Syndrome, or alternatively, Fancy Play Syndrome.
If you're constantly getting fancy, betting in a non-standard and deceptive way rather than value-betting your good hands and checking/folding your bad ones, you're probably suffering from Fancy Play Syndrome. Especially if it comes back to bite you.
Why did you check the nuts on the river in this hand? Looks like you're suffering from a case of FPS.
1. first person shooter. a shooter game seen from the main characters eyes.
2.frames per second. refers to how much power of your graphics card is being used.the higher the Fps,obviously, the higher the graphics quality.
1. Halo is the best FPS out there and you know it.
2.My Counter Strike runs at 30 FPs.
1) The short way of saying First Person Shooter, a type of game where you see everything through the character's eyes.
2) The short way of saying Frames Per Second, a way in measuring how fast animation frames go. The higher the FPS, the more smoothly a game will run. Lag decreases FPS.
1) Man I love playing FPS games!
2) Damn, this lag really kills my FPS!
Faps per second.
The speed at which one masturbates.
*Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap...*
Tony: 40 fps?!?!
Shaun: IT'S BURNING!!!
Abbrieviation of First Person Shooter. Used by gamers.
Abbrieviation of Frames per Second. Used by animators and film makers.
Abbrievation of Feet per Second. Used by people measuring speed.
1) I went down to Game this afternoon, they got this great new FPS!
2)"How fast is that?"
3)Woah! That was going 100FPS!
An FPS is a computer game genre that puts the player in a first-person perspective and usually involves shooting down opponents.
The first historical FPSes were Wolfenstein 3D, released some time around 1995, shortly followed by Doom that had multiplayer capabilities. Both by id software.
"Games such as Quake or Counter-Strike are FPSes."
Frames Per Second. The general benchmark for computer performance in a video game. Refers to the number of times the image on a computer monitor gets refreshed per second. 60 fps is generally the benchmark for acceptable performance; that provides a buffer for when the action in a game gets heavier.
My old crapper of a computer only gets 20 fps in Quake 3.