A pseudo-critical thinker and intellectual wannabe. Generally exhibits the following markings:
1. a tendency to completely misunderstand intellectual concepts such as burden shifting in a debate;
2. holding out as an authority on subjects about which he or she has no training or expertise;
3. an inability to respond to any argument or evidence beyond bleeting tired cliches memorized from JREF web forums, "Amazing Meetings" or from such intellecutal "giants" as Richard Dawkins, James Randi, and their ilk;
4. a slavish devotion to science, despite not having seriously, or even not at all, pursued an education or career in a given discipline;
5. a killjoy with a supernatural ability to suck the fun and life out of any gathering of people simply by entering the room.
Colloquially refers to a pseudo intellectual cynic who hides behind the rouse of critical thinking to support their lack of belief in anything they haven't read in Scientific American.
They think they know everything about everything when in actuality a skeptic is the mirror image of the people they despise because they believe what they want to believe despite evidence to the contrary.