What is details?
The extreme form of "attention-to-detail" that often plagues graphic designers; ultimately preventing them from finishing their creative projects in a timely manner. Perfectionists in many professions may claim they suffer from this syndrome as well.
Symptoms of O.T.D. Syndrome:
- Repeated Ctrl "Z" commands after every modification you make to your project
- Staring blankly at your half finished project after smashing Ctrl "Z" for the last half hour
- The inability to complete a small project in less than 24 hours (i.e. banners, buttons, image corrections etc.)
- The urge to "start over from scratch" more than once on a large project
Jason: Hey, did you finish that 600 x 255 banner for our webpage yet? Its been over a week already; are you having some trouble?
Patty: OMG I am totally suffering from obsession-to-detail… I don’t know why I don’t like ANYTHING I am coming up with.
Jason: It just needs to say “Super Sale” in red lettering on a white background… how hard can that be?`
Details - what is it?
A bullshit job in the military or police force. A position on a weak, dead-end investigation.
"Johnson's a prick, give him the shit detail." (Often used on the HBO police drama The Wire.)
What does "details" mean?
To customize an automobile by adding custom paint trims, decals, graphics, tinted windows, etc.
Mary thinks that detailing is limited to cleaning the interior and exterior of an automobile. Ryan pointed out that it also entails low-maintenance customization of the vehicle.
Details - what does it mean?
Anything that makes any situation more complicated that it already is.
Jack and Jill are having relationship problems. Little does Jill know that Jack is see Mary .... DETAILS.
Details - meaning
An adjective used to define a very very hot guy. Not hot girl. Hot guy.
Man, that guy is detailed!
Details - definition
What an artist and a sniper have in common.
Do you know what an artist and a sniper have in common? DETAILS. Like when a touch of color is out of place, or when a shadow does not match with its surroundings. The only difference is the stakes, mine are higher.
Details - slang
To clean the interior and exterior of an automobile down to the last speck of dust.
I spent all morning detailing my pimp ride.
Pertains to exact detail; chronically detailed. Often used to describe a person who is very precise, perfect, and exact.
Colin's mother is very detailic because she needs to know everything.
1. An extremely important part conversation, overlooked as a "detail"
2. A common part of a relationship.
3. A small almost unimportant thing, overlooked, and fucks everything up in the end.
4. Something very small, and many details make something great, or really bad.
5. A detail can be a sarcastic remark.
1.Person A: Your nice, but your sort of ugly.
Person B: haha, so did you see "I am legened"?
2.Person A: I love you, but we never see each other anymore!
Person B: Details, details, did you get the mail?
3.The heat tiles on the space shuttle were deatials. The space shuttle blew up.
4.My face was beautifully detailed, but now you can see my zit..
5.So um, Just a tiny detail... We have to leap over fire and fight off tigers to get in.
1. A word that is synonymous for many different words depending on the context, often referring to specifics, particulars or minutiae.
2. It can also reference the physical anatomy that makes a woman physically attractive to men.
3. A hot girl, or a girl with a great body.
The word "details" is an excellent gap word or code word for certain topics when used correctly in context among a group of friends.
The example below references multiple instances where using the word "details" would be appropriate:
Guy 1: Dude, Lollapalooza this year was AWESOME!!!
Guy 2: Yeah? What was it like -- fill me in with ALL the details!
Guy 1: There were sooo many hot chicks there -- I couldn't stop staring at all their DETAILS!!! I even yelled out to this one hot chick, "Nice DETAILS!!!"
Guy 2: Sounds awesome -- I'm totally going next year!!!