A term used to describe some or all of the following symptoms:
- Excessive daydreaming, to the point where one cannot, or has difficulties with, functioning properly in real life
- Purposeful removal of oneself from situations that interrupt, prevent or otherwise disrupt daydreaming
- Creation of various storylines within daydreams, usually filling the holes in one’s own life (arousal, feeling of purpose, heroism, a social life, etc.)
- Tiredness (often caused by preventing oneself from sleeping so there is more time to daydream)
- Inability, or hindered ability, to maintain focus on real life scenarios in favor of daydreaming
Maladaptive Daydreaming is often associated with other, official terms, such as depression, ADHD, PTSD, schizophrenia and more.
There is no prescription to take in order to solve maladaptive daydreaming. The best solution is to seek professional therapy. Therapy isn’t as scary as it sounds; they ask what the problem is, and then work with you to develop a solution. They will never judge you, and have several degrees on how to deal with these kinds of situations. If therapy is not an option, alternative solutions would be to create a vent for your ideas and desires to flow into (keeping a journal, sharing ideas with friends, achieving real life goals, etc.).
If you searched this because you think you have maladaptive daydreaming, please don’t ignore it. It can ruin your life.
Being a huge fan of the British singer Adele.If you are a Daydreamer,you know all Adele's songs,you say Delly instead of Adele,you are mainly involved into Adele's life and her family.A Daydreamer cares about Adele and wants to know more from her.We adore her Cockney accent and she laughs aloud.
Daydreamer 1: Adele won another award!!
Daydreamer 2: Oii Ooii!She's bloody fairly amazing,we miss you Delly!!
The name for the Adele fandom. This name was originally created by adele.tv forum members on August 27, 2011. Adele acknowledged this name and said she "loves that you call yourselves that" in her blog entry posted on February 14, 2012.
Person: Why are you all so obsessed with Adele? Daydreamer: Because we're Daydreamers, duh."