A person who basically judges other people on the basis of their race. This is not limited to negative judgements alone. Attaching positive characteristics to a person because of racial considerations is still being a racist.
Everyone is racist. Even indigenous peoples and cultural minorities can be racists at times. Racism is not endemic to the first world countries. The third world is replete with racism as well.
Anyone who defends their perspective of intolerance, as being something that was forced upon them by the media or any other extrinsic force. Racists are like apple pie - we don't really need them - but they're already so very American, that we can't figure out how to get rid of them without losing our own identities - as anti-fascists: who would sooner slap the taste from their racist mouth than listen to them prattle on - about how hard it is to be stupid and white in the free world.
I am a little more ashamed: having to know that I have to be white along with them.
I would tell you what's wrong with black racism - but since it's already been perverted by plenty of white people so far - what would be the point?
At least 30% of all Urban Dictionary contributors are closetedracists - and I still prefer them over the vocal ones.
A person who hates anyone different from them based upon nothing more than their own personal insecurities. Will argue that color, religious preference, gender, and a multitude of other idiotic reasons are the basis for their superiority while dismissing the fact that they are ill bred simpletons.
Example: I am a racist. I hate myself because these people are smarter, faster, and have a better tan than I! I don’t know them at all so I protect the ignorant teachings of my parents by not thinking for myself.
1. A name that the white people who happen to be racist call the ones who they discrimate against as an excuse.
2. A hidden trait of most white people who cowardly hide and only bring up in blogs or write in bathroom walls
3. An unfortunate trait of many "Americans" and their decadent society.
4. A reason behind many Immigration laws against Hispanic foreigners...although they are many illegal caucasian immigrants who are white (Europe, Canada, etc) who are taking the "good jobs" not the gardener, factory, diswasher, cleaning person or nanny that many illegal hispanics do.
5. Usually the white ignorant people from the USA who use the term "Mexican" for anyone who's from Hispanic origin
6. Janis, the one who has written in Urban Dictionary many definitions (poof, racist, etct )and who is clearly a bigot and a racist
Janis: Niggers use the word Nigga so they won't get in trouble
Black person: You called black people niggers? you are a racist!
Janis: OMG niggers are so racist against we white people
Janis: Mexicans are taking our jobs an getting our country in bankrupt using our heath service without paying taxes
John: Oh "American employers" who hired illegal immigrants don't deduct taxes on those payrolls...so who's fault is it?
A term used to define a person that makes decisions on the basis of race. Race is a construction built to subvert races to the benefit of one race (guess which one? Hint: they are not the majority in the world). While bigotry is possible with anyone of any race, a racist is a person who belongs to the racial group in power. So while anyone can claim Native American heritage, whether true or not, racists have the unrecognized ability to mask their privilege and go through life without having to examine oneself. Not everyone is racist, but those who never question their privilege are enjoying the benefits of whiteness.
The racist attitudes of the posters shifted the blame to the marginalized group, in effect avoiding the issue completely. By the way, "crackers" was a result of the ones "cracking" the whip.
1) (Most common manifestation) A white person in a white society who sees non-whites as being inferior AND has the ability and/or desire to prevent non-whites from achieving success and/or quality of life within said white-controlled society. The institutions controlled by a racist society (schools, courts, jails) will necessarily be racist as well.
2) A society of the same mechanism (i.e. the group in control of the society keeps others from being successful) within another culture (i.e. India, caste system)
3) Commonly confused with prejudice, bigotry and bias, which can be exhibited by any individual in any society. Racism has a different connotation associated with the person being able to use prejudice, bigotry and bias to, for example, kill someone because they were black (and "inferior") and THEN be acquitted at a murder trial with a racist jury and a racist judge. A black person committing this crime out of prejudice, bigotry and/or bias would not be acquitted by a racist jury and a racist trial...in fact, they probably would have executed the black person and realized the cops just picked up a random black man off the street (because he was a black man), so they executed the wrong person. If it was a black-controlled society with white people systematically being executed for committing crimes they didn't commit, one could argue that that particular black society might be racist.
A racist society will most likely have a majority of non-whites employed in some sort of servitude to reinforce the position of non-whites as inferior, presently or in the past. Contrary to popular white racist belief, non-whites are not employed as maids, servants, nannies because they love serving white people. A racist society is designed so that a majority of non-whites must openly acknowledge inferiority (usually through servitude) in order to be allowed a small share of resources - typically just enough to stay alive.
A lot of people on this thread were probably called racists and decided to deflect the definition of the word back on the person who called them racist INSTEAD OF trying to understand why people are calling them racists. Please ask why and they might explain. Racism is EXPECTED...A NORM...for minorities in the US and Europe...when someone calls you a racist, they are letting you know that you are an extreme overt manifestation; perhaps discussion will result in mutual benefit...perhaps your statements were misconstrued...or perhaps discussing it will help you realize how racist you truly are...the first step is acknowledging that you have a problem.